8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- Who Is The Asian Woman Sitting Courtside At Lakers Home Games?
- In a Post-Apocalyptic Zombie World, Asian American Man Gets White Girl
- Asian Guys and that One Long Pinky Fingernail
- Top 5 Gay/Lesbian Asian Channels On YouTube
- Why Do So Many Asians Have Bowl Hair Cuts?
- Asian and Asian American Serial Killers
- Was Jesus Asian?
- The Science and History of the Asian Squat
Tag Archives: banh mi
Vietnamese Fast Casual Experiment Angers Vietnamese Americans in Texas
Is Vietnamese food going to be the “next big thing” in American Dining? Yum Brands, which owns Taco Bell and KFC, is trying out Fast Casual Vietnamese food with the launch in Dallas of “Banh Shop“, an experimental fast casual … Continue reading
Posted in Current Events, Food & Drink Tagged Bahn Shop, banh mi, Chipotle, Shophouse, Taco Bell Leave a comment
Le Van Ba, Founder of Lee’s Sandwiches, Dies At 79
Flickr Photo Credit: Neg Raggett In his discussion of the influence of the Vietnamese diaspora, Andrew Lam mentions banh mi along with pho as an Asian food item that is becoming mainstream. For those of you don’t know, banh mi … Continue reading
Posted in Business, Food & Drink, History Tagged banh mi, Le van Ba, Lee's Sandwiches 2 Comments
The Evolution of Banh Mi
One of my fondest memories of coaching The Daughter’s volleyball team was at a long tournament where we had a potluck lunch of tasty Filipino and Vietnamese food (the team was mostly Asian). Not just standard fare like lumpia but … Continue reading
Posted in Food & Drink, Local, New York, San Francisco Bay Area Tagged banh mi, New York, San Jose 4 Comments