8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- The Science and History of the Asian Squat
- Asian Guys and that One Long Pinky Fingernail
- Asian American Commercial Watch: Panda Express – ‘Wok-Fired Shrimp: Now Back at Panda Express’
- Why Are Asians Yellow?
- Top 5 Gay/Lesbian Asian Channels On YouTube
- Is The Portrayal of Ravi On Disney Channel’s “Jessie” Racist, Unfunny, or Both?
- The Jon Gosselin Story: Asian Men and Penis Size
- Why Do So Many Asians Have Bowl Hair Cuts?
Tag Archives: Ryan Buendia
Bruno Mars, as an individual artist and as a part of the Smeezington producing group, was nominated for six 2011 Grammy awards ranging from Song of the Year to non-classical Producer of the Year. Other Asian Americans were nominated for … Continue reading
At dinner last week, my brother-in-law took out a CD and pulled out the paper section that lists the song credits. “Ryan has three songs on the album, and this one has hit number one,” he said proudly. His … Continue reading
“Kuya Ryan got nominated for a Grammy!” shouted The Daughter. While annoyed at her shouting (“indoor voice please” I keep telling her), I was happy to hear that news and I wasn’t surprised. “Kuya Ryan” is her cousin and my … Continue reading
A new website for DJs, mixcrate.com, created in part by 8asians alumnus Genghis Mendoza, has a story about how the DJ scene in San Francisco Bay Area became large and influential. Turntablism is now practiced worldwide, and many legendary DJs … Continue reading
In the first part of my interview with Ryan Buendia, we talked mostly about his work as a producer. In this second part, we discuss his experiences as a DJ, a turntablist, and an artist known as Replay. We cover … Continue reading
In addition to being a music producer working for Apl.de.Ap of the Black Eyed Peas, Ryan Buendia is an artist and performer in his own right. As a DJ and turntablist, he has performed in various parts of the world. … Continue reading