Asian Americans are said to be more likely than whites to develop Type 2 Diabetes. To help Asian Americans deal with this situation, the Joslin Diabetes Center has upgraded its Asian American Diabetes Initiative website. http://aadi.joslin.org/ contains such tools as an Asian BMI calculator (calculating Asian appropriate Body Mass Index values), the Interactive Wok (looking at nutrition), and Ask the expert (providing a Q&A Forum). While some of the tools, particularly the Interactive Wok and the Village of Health seem kind of hokey to me, the website does contain critically health information for Asian Americans. I think it is worth people’s time to take a look, particular to try out tools like “Am I at Risk?” I’m at moderate risk :-(.
8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- Asian American Commercial Watch: Discover’s ‘”Freak Out: Spread the News”
- Do Asian Women Have The Smallest Vaginas?
- Asian Pubic Hair Questions
- Do Asians Have Body Hair?
- Do Asians Have the Smallest Testicle?
- Do All Asians Have Flat Butts?
- The Science and History of the Asian Squat
- Do Asian Women Have the Smallest Breasts?