After being discharged from the army after coming out, former officer and West Point grad Dan Choi says that he plans to reenlist after the repeal of Don’t Ask Don’t Tell in the US military. “Going back to the military will be a vindication,” says Choi in a conversation with Politico magazine. “[I’m] going back because I fought to go back. The seriousness of our claims was not just political theatre – it was really drawn from our lives. I sacrificed so much so I could go back.” While happy about the repeal, he doesn’t think that it will no longer be difficult for gays in the military. “People who believe that discrimination is somehow all erased will have a rude awakening,” says Choi, pointing out that the military will not extend benefits to same-sex spouses.
8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- Top 5 Gay/Lesbian Asian Channels On YouTube
- Asian American Commercial Watch: Liberty Mutual Insurance’s ‘First Word | Truth Tellers’
- Asian Pubic Hair Questions
- Do Asian Women Have The Smallest Vaginas?
- Do Asian Women Have the Smallest Breasts?
- Do Asians Have the Smallest Testicle?
- In a Post-Apocalyptic Zombie World, Asian American Man Gets White Girl
- Asian American Commercial Watch: Ronny Chieng & Old Spice’s “The Expert”