8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- Asian Guys and that One Long Pinky Fingernail
- The Science and History of the Asian Squat
- The Jon Gosselin Story: Asian Men and Penis Size
- Why Are Asians Yellow?
- Asian and Asian American Serial Killers
- Asian American Commercial Watch: Discover’s ‘”Freak Out: Spread the News”
- Why Do So Many Asians Have Bowl Hair Cuts?
- Is The Portrayal of Ravi On Disney Channel’s “Jessie” Racist, Unfunny, or Both?
Tag Archives: Tagalog
Like a lot of millennials, the Daughter moved back in with us after college. One surprising result of her move was that she began to pick up Tagalog. Although she grew up in an Asian neighborhood and some her aunts … Continue reading
Four Filipinas who were working in the Emergency Room of Bon Secours Hospital in Baltimore were summarily fired, allegedly for speaking Tagalog on the job. The hospital has an English only policy in the emergency room, but the nurses and … Continue reading
This is a webpage of phrases discussing sex in Tagalog. Just to clarify: The Filipino language Tagalog does not have a direct translation for the word “Sex”. “Mag-seks” is Tag-lish (Tagalog prefix with an English suffix.) Back in the day, … Continue reading
On our family vacation to San Diego, we visited friends in the heavily Filipino city of Chula Vista. To my surprise, one of my friend’s sons was studying for his Filipino quiz the next day! I blogged about language retention … Continue reading
“Dad, what are they saying?” said Number One Son. “Yeah, what are they talking about?” said Number Two Son. My sons were referring to the animated conversation that was going on in Tagalog between, their Aunts, their Uncles, and the … Continue reading