8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- Asian Guys and that One Long Pinky Fingernail
- Is The Portrayal of Ravi On Disney Channel’s “Jessie” Racist, Unfunny, or Both?
- The Science and History of the Asian Squat
- Why Do So Many Asians Have Bowl Hair Cuts?
- In a Post-Apocalyptic Zombie World, Asian American Man Gets White Girl
- Why Are Asians Yellow?
- Was Dr. Seuss a Racist?
- Who Is The Asian Woman Sitting Courtside At Lakers Home Games?
Tag Archives: The Slants
If you hadn’t heard recently, there was a Supreme Court decision involving the Asian American band called The Slants, that was settled in their favor: “Members of the Asian-American rock band The Slants have the right to call themselves by a disparaging … Continue reading
By Simon Tam A few years ago, I filed a trademark application for my band, The Slants. The US Trademark Office rejected it, claiming it was disparaging towards Asians. I was baffled: I’m Asian. At first, we fought it by … Continue reading
Portland, Oregon rock band The Slants’ attempt to trademark their name has been rejected by the U.S. Patents and Trademarks Office (USPTO), apparently because the department thought that the name was disparaging to Asian Americans. In their application, the band’s … Continue reading