8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- Who Is The Asian Woman Sitting Courtside At Lakers Home Games?
- The Science and History of the Asian Squat
- Asian Guys and that One Long Pinky Fingernail
- Top 5 Gay/Lesbian Asian Channels On YouTube
- Asian American Commercial Watch: Discover’s ‘”Freak Out: Spread the News”
- Why Are Asians Yellow?
- Tiger Mom Vs. Dragon Mom: New Ways to Talk Parenthood
- Chinese American WWII Veterans to be Honored with the Congressional Gold Medal
Tag Archives: Philippines
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOjNcZvwjxI I was pleasantly surprised to see this video from Pantene Philippines talking about double standards against women. Not that the double standards don’t exist, but that this message would come out of what is a generally anti-intellectual culture in … Continue reading
Growing up in Manila in the late 90s and going to international school (long before MP3 file-sharing became the norm), I had an opportunity to hear a wide variety of music most people stateside had never heard of from around … Continue reading
Uncle Sam’s Misguided Child: Like Father, Like Son, or: Why Two Controversial Philippine Laws Are Omens
“The Philippines right now is how America will be in twenty years”, says Li, a Manila resident situated in one of many Bonifacio High Street’s various cafes, in reference to two government acts under Noynoy Aquino’s leadership. The laws in … Continue reading
The Toronto Reel Asian Film Festival celebrates its Sweet 16th birthday Nov 6-11 in Toronto and Nov 16-17 in Richmond Hill. I sat with Aram Siu-Wai Collier, the Director of Programming for this year’s festival to go over some of … Continue reading
So the other week, Lucy Liu was under fire for her comment on David Letterman’s show about how she looks “a little Filipino” when she tans. Although Lucy has already apologized, a number of people are unsurprisingly still offended by … Continue reading