8 Most Popular Posts (Last Seven Days)
- Asian Guys and that One Long Pinky Fingernail
- Top 5 Gay/Lesbian Asian Channels On YouTube
- In a Post-Apocalyptic Zombie World, Asian American Man Gets White Girl
- Why Do So Many Asians Have Bowl Hair Cuts?
- Who Is The Asian Woman Sitting Courtside At Lakers Home Games?
- The Jon Gosselin Story: Asian Men and Penis Size
- Tiger Mom Vs. Dragon Mom: New Ways to Talk Parenthood
- Is The Portrayal of Ravi On Disney Channel’s “Jessie” Racist, Unfunny, or Both?
Tag Archives: childhood obesity
Childhood Obesity Among Asian American Subgroups
Asian American children are commonly thought to have a lower risk of childhood obesity, but a study published in the journal Childhood Obesity reveals that once data is disaggregated, there are wide variations between Asian subgroups. Using data from the … Continue reading
Posted in Health, Lifestyles Tagged childhood obesity, disaggregation 2 Comments
Asian American Childhood Obesity on the Rise
“Do I have to play basketball this summer?” asked Number One Son. He really didn’t want to do sports this summer, and apparently he is not alone. This article mentions that Asian-American boys have the lowest sports participation rate (39%) … Continue reading
Posted in Family, Food & Drink, Health, Sports Tagged assimilation, childhood obesity, exercise, fast food, fresh lumpia, ghee, immigrants, lechon, tandori chicken, youth sports 2 Comments